Disk Cloning issue with ASUS P5B-VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new system (ASUS P5B-VM, C2D E6600, 2GB RAM.. blah blah..) using an old Western Digital HDD which I wish to clone onto a new HDD.

I'm unsure as to where I'd plug the 2nd HDD in to clone it as I tried to plug it in to the the 2nd socket of the SATA 1, 2, 3, 4 sockets and when I use my cloning software (Acronis True Image 9) it says there isn't a 2nd HDD to clone onto. The 2nd drive is formatted and recognised by Windows in the Disk Management Window

Has anyone cloned an HDD on the P5B-VM?? If so, I'd be pleased to know how to too..... My next plan of action was to plug the drive into the e-SATA socket on the back of the system to see if it would be recognised then as u need to plug an HDD into the back of the system so u can enable a RAID array...

Many thanks

Rob

Well, True image should work perfectly for you as far as cloning. If not, try to download a free trial of Norton Ghost. Its basically the same thing, just a few extra steps involved. If you need directions on how to use norton Ghost just ask away. And feel free to email me with any furture problems.

Acronis Boot CD great for backup and transfer the backup to any network PC you have or local HD or External HD even on a network PC. Easy to restore the data also. Full program allows you to admin the images as plug-in drives so you would open the image as another HDD. That to is so easy use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back