Disk Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNICKSNL

I have 2 Disk drives on my pc, 1st disk drive is used for my OS which I just reinstalled, the 2nd disk drive is used strictly for storage. The 2nd disk drive has 3 partitions on it, one of the partitions on the 2nd disk drive will not allow me to access any of the files on it, I can see the files but when I try to access them I am told access is denied, can anyone help me with this problem, thanks!

Thanks Howard, but the help you referred me to won't work, I am having problems with all the files on a particular partition (why the problem only on this one partition and not the other partitions), the partition has over 30gb of files on it and if I have to use that procedure for each file it will be a never ending task, and as I said earlier it seemed not to work, just wanted to say thanks anyway, if there is anybody else out there that can help, please do.

Hello out there! Still looking for solutions, previous recommendations are not working, anything else!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Look in the Security page under the property window for that Drive.
Under users listed if you see a long series of numbers as 1 of the listings(this may be greyed)
you will need to Delete that .
It is the old user ID from the previous install ,taking permission status that is no longer valid.
***** Just make sure that there is at least 1 user listed there that has Full Control of that drive before you delete the old user.

Hello and thanks for your response, but when I click on the properties windows for the drive in question I only see the following:
expand
explore
open
search
sharing and security
format
copy
paste
rename
properties
When I click sharing and Security I see nothing you referred me to and when I click properties I see the following Tabs:
General
Tools
Hardware
Sharing
Quota
None of the above tabs either show me what you are referring to, can you help?

O.K.

Right ckick in Explorer on the Drive icon
>scroll to Properties > Security Tab

**If **you find the long series of numbers as a user listing there > Delete those .
You have to be an Administrator *** refer to my reply above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back