Disk Error 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwyllie

I can't seem to find anything like this when searching so....

I'm getting a warning, Soucre: Disk, Event_ID: 51 in my system log (see attached). It referes to a device \Device\Harddisk4\D which I can't identify (see second attacement). Only my C drive is being used for a paging file. I am experiencing periodic re-boots which may or may not be related (the subject error does not seem to corrispond to the reboots) and am working on that problem in the System Error 1003 thread.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing these errors (I'd assume a hard drive problem) and what could be done to further check things out. And which drive is the problem?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Disk Failed.bmp
    90.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Disk Manager.bmp
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
First try using the software from the HDD manufacturer to run Diagnostics .
Then if you still have a problem , write back to us.

OK, I will be happy to run the diagnostics. I just can't identify what drive. I have no harddisk 4. Does the /D signify the D: drive?

Another thought. On another board I found when I googled "\Device\Harddisk0\D" they mentioned disabling Native Command Queuing (NCQ) in the Nvidia SATA driver. I don't know right now if I have a Nvidia SATA driver but I DID put on a SATA drive recently and have seen spontanious re-boots. I'll have to look into that and see if I this could be causing this problem and the re-booting problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back