Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have recently bought an ABIT VT7 Motherboard and have updated all the drivers for it along with the bios.

It has been working fine for the last 2 months or so.
Unfortunately the problem I have recently is during a game my PC will either abruptly and randomly restart or the computer crashes sometimes with the blue screen of death, and the game returns to desktop with a referenced memory error, also when the BSOD appears I get a disp4.dll file that has apparently caused the error, I understand this is the display driver or part of it. When the pc restarts it is as though the hard drive is turning back on again as if it has been turned off. When windows restarts I get the Microsoft error reporting window and when I have sent the error details it tells me that a device driver has caused the problem but the numpties at Microsoft cannot determine what one it is! All drivers are up to date! I have tried all different display drivers old and new! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong and why it has been happening :darth: , I have changed memory modules, my graphics card, PSU, EVERYTHING! And nothing seems to work. The only thing I haven’t tried is maybe try an ATI graphics card.

If you can shed any light on all this bable I have given you it would be most appreciated!

My system is as follows:

P4 2.8GHz, 768Mb DDR400 RAM, 256MB GeForce FX5600XT GPU, 260Gb Hard disk space, Abit VT7 Mobo. Windows XP with SP2 and all current updates from Microsoft.

Regards

Matthew Vincent

:hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back