Display issue [inc screengrab]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen79

Hi guys.

I have a problem with my display. My current system is a sck 775 P4 3.2, running 2GB of DDR 400 with a 9800 pro GC.

The system has worked fine for 10 months, but now I have the following problem:

During a period of between 5mins from booting, and up to 8 hours or so, my computer dispaly will suddenly start to flicker, the dispay adapter will now even fade to black, and then come on instantly. There will be lines of interferance that will often correct themselves on refresh, but it can take a reboot to clear these.

This will build up until the display becomes un readable:
Photo of problem

To try and fix this, i have tried

- upgrading my video drivers
- removing all drivers and installing defaults
- tried an alternative video card (although the card i am using has previously had over heating problems)
- sent the 9800 pro back to ebayer, who say it is faulty, but are yet to send me a replacement (9600 i am using has the same issue, so i am not sure the card is dud)
- removed the ram, cleaned all dust from the case, and put it back in. added additional screws to secure the motherboard (which was actually fairly loose)
- tried a different monitor
- tried a lower and a higher refresh rate

any other suggestions?

Stephen79 said:
To try and fix this, i have tried
- upgrading my video drivers
- removing all drivers and installing defaults
- tried an alternative video card (although the card i am using has previously had over heating problems)
- sent the 9800 pro back to ebayer, who say it is faulty, but are yet to send me a replacement (9600 i am using has the same issue, so i am not sure the card is dud)
- removed the ram, cleaned all dust from the case, and put it back in. added additional screws to secure the motherboard (which was actually fairly loose)
- tried a different monitor
- tried a lower and a higher refresh rate
any other suggestions?
At guru3d.com there is good video driver remove info.
Seems like you have good methods...Maybe try the vid cards on another system/s or MoBo. Could be a bad agp slot (intermittent) or driver ver conflicts.

G'Luck

changed the motherboard for the exact same model today, and its been ok so far. Its very very early days, only had the comp on for about 1hr in total, so i`ll reply again tomorrow.

I am praying that it was an AGP slot gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back