Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryantruck

Hi, I have a Power Spec 4310 Computer, Click here to see the specs http://www.powerspec.com/systems/archives/system_archive.phtml?selection=4310

With a old Wyse model No WY650.

When I turn the computer on it all works fine, it shows the windows 98 screen, as soon as that screen is gone, the screen goes black with lines.

I think the problem is the driver but I'm not sure how to install a display driver, could any of you guys tell me how to install a display driver or what you think the problem is.

Thanks

Boot in Safe Mode (press F8 a few times at bootup). From the menu select the one with standard VGA. After booting into W98, use Add/Remove Programs, or the Driver software's own Uninstall of the current drivers. This will bring you back to normal standard VGA.
Reboot into normal mode. You will only have 640x480 resolution. Install your new(est) drivers as per driver-instructions.

Before you do that you might want to just want to download an updated version from the manufacturers website. This way you don't have to use 640x480 to browse the web to download them again :)

Port Broken

Well today I went to turn the computer on that has the problem and there was nothing on the screen.

So I tried to jiggle the Vga/Agp Plug, it came on like it normally does then before it got to where it normally gets the screen went blank, so I tried to jiggle it again, but this time no matter how many times I jiggled it, nothing would come on the screen. So I looked at the port really good, and I can see that it's broken.

Is there anyway I can buy a PCI Video card, to put into it and use that insted of the onboard, and make it work without having to use the onboard .

Thanks For Helping me. :)

P.S. It doesn't have a Agp slot.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Your onboard should automaticly disable itself
when u slot in a PCI VGA Card

PLZ Note: Finding any decent PCI 3D Cards for a cheap
price might be a bit of a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back