Display says multiple monitors, but really just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluescreenNoob

I just recently d/led the catalyst 3.8 drivers and have a small problem. Under my display settings it says I'm running multiple monitors. While before it was just one. Also I've had slightly longer start ups since I've d/led the catalyst 3.8 drivers, I'm not sure if this is because it's set for multiple monitors or what. I've tried going to the advanced settings and disabling one of the monitors. There are 2, plug and play and default. I've tried disabling default and then it goes back to single monitor but as soon as I close the settings window and go back it's back to multiple. It very annoying:mad: Anyway it does the same thing when I try to disable the plug and play. And no I have not added any new hardware to my computer. If anyone could help that would be great.

Ok well it's not fixed, I tried to uninstall the driver for the default monitor and use the plug and play one. Well it worked at first but when I shut my computer down and started it back up it went back to multiple monitors :mad: So if anyone can help me with this problem I'd be grateful. I've been trying to fix things myself lately since I've just built my first computer:

AMD XP 2500
A7N8X deluxe
2x 256mb crucial 2700 ddr
ATI Radeon 9600 pro

This just makes me mad, I think a solution is right in front of me but I can't seem to find it :mad: Well everybody has to ask for help sometimes.:grinthumb

Do you perhaps have dual output on your video card?
If so this is why it forces there to be two monitor configurations on your PC. No point trying to remove it, the Cat drivers will just put it back again :D

frankly u cant have single monitor cos most of the ati cards have the svid out and so it loads a second monitor regardless it just names it to the other the monitor u have in the primary location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back