Distorted Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

npahlavan

I have an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo with onboard sound. I also have the Aerocool Extremengine 3t case. All drivers are up-to-date. When I plug in my headphones to either the front headphone jacks on the case or use the line out port on the mobo I hear distortion. It seems to be making sounds along with the HDD. Like the more HDD activity there is, the more distortion there is. I have also connected speakers up to the system using any audio port and it too has distortion. I figured it may no be grounded right, but how can I ground it better? Can someone help me figure this out?

Are the wires inside your case stuck with other ones. Are they in any blocked from a free way to the mobo?

Yea, I actually taped down the firewire/headphone/microphone cables from the case together to clean it up a bit. However, this wouldn't explain why the MOBO line out makes distortion also.

After muting my PC speaker (of all things), the distortion was completely removed. Everything works right now. I haven't checked the connection yet, but i'm guessing I connected something wrong with the pc speaker. Either that or something is wrong with the mobo and when it's enabled it causes distortion. I'll check the cabling tomorrow and post my results.

PC speaker was connected properly. Anyone know why I get distortion when the PC speaker is connected? I can mute the pc speaker and the distortion will clear, but why would it do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back