Divided Partition problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Hello ? Everyone.
Recently, I formated my hard drive. I have only one hard drive and I divided 3 partitions. 1st is windows only, 2nd is Program only, and 3rd is my personal files.

The problem is My hard drive is 75GB.
1st Partition(c:) is 10.7 GB. 2nd Partition(D:) is 9.76 GB. 3rd Partition(E:) is 54 GB.

I realized that I need more room for 1st Partition.
Currently my 1st Partition uses 8GB. And I transfered my precious files all the partitions.

I need a program that will transfer free hard space to 1st Partition.
I mean I don't want to delete C: . I want transfer free hard space in E: to C:

Also, If I want to c: as windows and windows updates, How much GB Need ?

From
neowing

You can extend partitions if you have another hard drive through Windows, but I don't reccomend it. Even moreso if Windows is installed on your C: partition.

Try Partition Magic as a program alternative.

You would have to shrink and move E:, then move D: and finally expand C:

You need to clean up that C: "Windows only" should not take 8GB. Delete or move some unneeded stuff somewhere else.

use a program like partition magic to shrink/expand partitions and free space. It's a commercial program, but well worth it.

Also I recommend getting a second hard drive. Having all your eggs in one basket is risky and foolish.
Use the second drive for automated backups.

Thank you for replying.
But Which company have partition magic ?
Also, I don't get the part:

Nodsu said:
You would have to shrink and move E:, then move D: and finally expand C:

You need to clean up that C: "Windows only" should not take 8GB. Delete or move some unneeded stuff somewhere else.

You mean First Use Partition magic to separate free space from e:
2nd, use windows restore CD and delete c: and install windows at New Partition ?
But what about deleted c: ?

I meant two completely different things.
1 - If you want to make C: bigger on the expense of E:, then you have to do it through D: that sits between them.
2 - If C: is for Windows only, then instead of messing around with partitions, you should clean up that drive. There is no way for Windows itself to take up that much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back