Dns Error And Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

Ok ... I have 2 PCs @ home a SERVER and a CLIENT ... The Server is a PIV 2.8 with 2 Network cards and the Client is a PIV Celeron 2.0Ghz ...

The Server Has Vista Ultimate and the Client Has XP MCE 2k5 ... I set up internet connection sharing ... easy right ? ..... NOT ... Here's what I get when I try to connect to the internet on the client PC other than the usual "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Message in IE7 & Firefox ...

dnsyz7.jpg
dns2lh5.jpg

I tried looking for a soluton here and on google coulnd't understand a thing ... So please be lame with me I'm a n00b ... All I know how to do is put together a PC ... Anybody can do that ...

So what could be the problem here? The Server IP is 192.168.0.1 / Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway Nothing and Primary DNS is 192.168.0.1
On the Client it's 192.168.0.2 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 192.168.0.1 And Primary DNS is 192.168.0.1 ... All is righ, Right?

PLZ HELP 10x
The.Freak

Forgot to menrtion that whenever I plug in the Network Cable into the "CROSS" Link Not the network card with internet the 1 with the LAN (IP192.168.0.1) Internet On the Vista PC (SERVER) Become VERRRYYY LIMITED to NONEXISTANT .... Y ?

PLZ HELP

Ok So I setup the ICS from scratch ...

Main Window :

mainns3.jpg

Vista Connections :

vistaconbt6.jpg

Net-IP :

netippo2.jpg

ICS-Setup :

netsharemm9.jpg

LAN-IP :

lanipkw9.jpg

XP Connection :

connectiongu5.jpg

What Am I doing wrong ? Using this setup on the client (XP-MCE2K5) there's no connection although I can see documents and I can transfer files ... Meaning it's a normal LAN setup only Internet don't work ...

Please I'm desperate for help ...

Help Me
The.Freak

BTW Now it's working but dunno for how long in 50mins I'll know coz there will be a powercut coz I'm on generator now the electricity will be restored till midnight when it's gonna go @ whitch time we'll be back to generator ... For the time being I'll have to shutdown my SERVER coz the PSU is a 400W on a 450W VGA (Gonna get a 600W REAL On Monday) ....

make sure you have the Routing service set to AUTOSTART.

Your ISP connection is via 10.140.56.* connection and the other NIC
will be 192.168.0.1 and be the address for the second system
gateway and dns. The 192.168.0.2 sound right too.

From the second system, you should be able to ping the first system
AND the ISP fireall (212.98.130.34). IF NOT, the the serverPC is not routing
ICS correctly.

When I Ping 212.98.130.34 That's What I get ;)

pingbw6.jpg

BTW does any1 know how I can bypass my 5GB/month bandwidth limitation :p ?

the ping is saying that there is not route (ie: tcp hiway) to that location.
you performed a PING BY ADDRESS and the other way is PING BY NAME
(eg ping www.google.com. it too wil fail, but differently.

The first system is not routing via ICS to your ISP.

btw: you can NOT bypass the bandwidth limitations. It's done from the ISP
end using QoS packets in their router

Well it seemes that I have Bypassed it without doing so on purpose I just installed vista and I've used up like 15GB last month of the 5GB/month limitation ;) how's that possible ... Coz they told me that I will oose my connection once I've used up the 5GB/Month limitation but as u can see I've used up 15GB and I still have Internet and I can still download stuff @ the regular speed of my connection which is 128kbps or 16kBps .... Can u explain?

my comment is relative to bandwidth: download bytes/sec and is enforced
in realtime via tcp protocols at the time of the download(s).

your comment bytes/month clearly could only be enforced at the moment the
capacity was exceeded, and not in realtime
(there's no totally for user connections per ip address).

your ISP 'limits on bandwidth' are bogus, unenforceable and do not comply with
known technologies :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back