Do I have the right parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovewerx

I bought a Mobo/CPU/DDR Combo that I saw working on the shop bench after exchanging the initial board because it wouldn't boot or show video. But since I've had the rig at home, its been one headache after the next.

Here's what I got:
Mobo = ECS 848P
CPU = Intel SL7PM (BX80546PG3000ESL7PM)
DDR = PQI MD4412UOE (DDR400/512)

Now the ECS boots but the BIOS always hangs after I press Y at the Save to CMOS prompt (but stores the settings), so I've replaced ECS with Intel's D875P8Z rev 205. I got the Intel board out of spite for the ECS but now I'm back to the first problem, no boot/no video. This time I think the CPU and Mobo don't match but the info I get HERE and HERE lists a CPU called 3E (not Etreme) that has the same 800MHz/1MB spec as the SL7PM.
Do I have the right parts?

With the Intel combo, everything powers on but no POST (I think). There are no beeps but the light on the keyboard flash random patterns. Could there be a special P4 step I'm missing when installing?

Thanks

The power-on-but-no-post symptom could be remedied by powering the barebone up outside of the case. It could be a shorting somewhere.

Updating the BIOS of your new board may correct the wrong CPU read-out.

fishhookz said:
A. The power-on-but-no-post symptom could be remedied by powering the barebone up outside of the case. It could be a shorting somewhere.

B. Updating the BIOS of your new board may correct the wrong CPU read-out.

I will try A but B is not the problem because nothing shows at all, neither correct or incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back