Do i need more ram, what else do i need to improve on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameson653

:wave: hey guys thanks for the help in advance. Well here is my situation, my father as a gift to me for leaving for college bought me a computer. He bought a nice one my 19' screen rocks but do you guys see anypoint in me updating my ram, do i need it? should i say screw it and upgrade my video card. All i play right now is Counter Strike v1.6 so I do not think I need the graphics boost but maybe

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
512 MB of RAM
Radeon x300
80 GB mem

PS - I know this sounds really noobish but I know how to make a computer run clean cause I had a really crappy one for as long as I can remember and I do not know how good I can make my new one or how much money I should drop on it, THANKS

If your not going to be playing the new games like Battlefield 2 and all of that there is really no point in upgrading everything. Pretty much if you need it to do schoolwork and fooling around on every once and a while it should be fine. If you feel there is a need to go and buy more RAM or a better graphics card etc. you can go and get it but right now it should be fine with what you want.

512 MB of RAM is more than enough RAM you'll ever need to do what your doing. You can upgrade your videocard if you want to play bigger, more realistic 3 Dimensional games if you want to.

:darth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back