Do micro Atx mobos fit in atx cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazon_sephy

Hey guys, title pretty much says it all, i just recently purchased an aopen mk89-l mobo, a micro atx mobo, and was wondering if you can put it into any regular atx case, and not just m-atx cases. thanks

There are two extra mounting holes in micro-ATX motherboards. I suppose you can do without using them although you have to take extra care when plugging in PCI cards so you wouldn't beak the motherboard. Or use plastic standoffs with the bottom part cut off to support the mobo.

MicroATX motherboards will fit in ATX cases.

Nodsu, what two extra mounting holes are you talking about? Every MicroATX board I have used fits snugly in standard ATX cases, using all available mounting holes.

Boards in particular I am referring to: Intel D865GLC, Intel D915GAG, Gigabyte GA-7N400 Summit,, and others.

Page 8 of this document for example says that there are two holes R and S to microATX.

And I never said those would prevent anyone from installing a microATX board to anywhere.

Hmm, I haven't yet had an instance where a MATX motherboard had mounting holes that I couldn't mount to the case.

I wasn't inferring that you were saying anything... just wondering what boards you've used that you couldn't mount fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back