Do you know what your agreeing to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase123

When you download/install software, do you read the EULA? (End User License Agreement). Or do you just press i agree?

If you just press i agree, and don't read the EULA, then who knows what your agreeing to. We all do it, just press i agree, because the EULA is so big and wordy, no one wants to read through it all. This is one of the common reasons why infections can get onto computers, because we don't read it.

End user license agreements (EULAs) are the bane of most computer users.
No one wants to read through pages and pages of boring text before installing a program. And many programs put their license agreements in small windows that require lots of scrolling. So many people either skim them or skip reading them altogether.

But it can be dangerous not to read license agreements.
License agreements can provide information about the intentions of software, and other bundled components. Have you ever installed a program, only to have your desktop taken over by advertising? It may have been noted in the license agreement that you simply clicked past. If you aren't reading the license agreements, you have no idea what you could be agreeing to.

Well, here's a program that will automatically scan the EULA for any software you download/install.
It will inform you of any problems it finds in the EULA. It only takes seconds to analyze.

I hope this helps.

EULAlyzer™

Regards Jase :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back