Does anti-glare glasses used for CRT monitors really makes any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehacker

Hello guys,
I just wanted to remove the anti-glare glass over my CRT monitor screen because it dims the image too much.
I think it doesnt have any effect.
So, are anti-glare glasses really makes any difference on CRTs?
have your say here,
TheHacker

Are you sure it is only a glare filter? Don't forget that these things emit a form of radiation and the filter may be part of what is protecting you!
Beware beware the dreaded radiations!

Personally I would not do it. but if you have to, be very careful what you touch when you take the case to pieces. There are capacitors in the electronics with enough charge to kill.

Are you sure the violetish colour is because of a coating and not just a high colour temperature set in the monitor settings? Try something sensible like 6400K.

AlbertLionheart said:
Personally I would not do it. but if you have to, be very careful what you touch when you take the case to pieces. There are capacitors in the electronics with enough charge to kill.
i m removing the internal coating or such thing...just external ati-glare glass..i know that picture tubes has 11,000 volts inside them...:)

Nodsu said:
Are you sure the violetish colour is because of a coating and not just a high colour temperature set in the monitor settings? Try something sensible like 6400K.
no, when the monitor is off then it looks violet. i dont think it has anything to do with settings u reffered.

Nodsu said:
i checked wat u said. its currently 9300k. when i changed it to 6500k screen image turned somewhat yellowish. can u tell me what actually this is?
and also there is an option sRGB. whats it?
plz also refer my above post.

okey...no deviation plz...answer my questions only..
@Nodsu
i checked wat u said. its currently 9300k. when i changed it to 6500k screen image turned somewhat yellowish. can u tell me what actually this is?
and also there is an option sRGB. whats it?
plz also refer my above post.

anyne else knwing this can also answer :D.

last question plz....so what u reccommend? what color temperature? and sRGB on or off?
i think after switching on sRGB temp color cant be changed.

sRGB is a good idea. You get a standard color palette meaning that you see images (hopefully) just as they were meant to be seen.

Of course, if you find the image really annoying even after working with it for a day, you should look for something more suitable to you.

The dangerous part inside a crt monitor is the tube starter, touch the wrong part of that and it will kill you no matter how well insulated you are.

Hi , If you remove the anti glare filter and use the monitor for say 6 hours a day , then the chances of your eyesight going bad are really high . The CRT monitors are very heavy on the eyes and thats why the anti glare is put on them , FP monitor put less stress on eyes
The monitor has a color problem , It can be that the settings from the monitor por the video card are not right , change the RGB , ( RED GReen blue )
settings to defualt , if you have too much of one color that will do this , try the monitor on another computer to see if the monitor is causing it or the settings of the video ccard are not correct
Dont remove that anti glare :)

thanks for your reply. actually my monitor is violet colored when its off. when its on everything is 100% right.
And yes, i have dropped the plan to remove the anti-glare glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back