Does anyone have an apple i pod mini....Do i have to use Itunes...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_DOG73

I have an apple i pod mini and i use Itunes to manage my music on my ipod. I dont like the format and controls of the program. I prefer to use Windows Media Player. Is there a way I can use that instead of Itunes. I saw a download for that a couple of months ago but now I can't find it. Does anyone out there know.???? Please Help ...... :giddy:

I think I've read something recently on hackaday or engadget saying someone came up with a way that you can bypass it. But I don't remember for sure. When I get a chance I'll try go look it up again. But google will probably get you results faster than me.

well

I have the apple Ipod mini if you read the manual that comes with it. Well the one that came with mine should be the same though No you dont need to use Itunes to put and take songs off your mini ipod but when you buy the ipod you get it for free. Also you can store data besides just songs on the ipod mini. CHekc the ipods internal options.

All the computer recognizes is a mass storage device. It doesn't care what it is, so you should be able to use it for anything. The ipod mini itself is what decodes the mp3's and plays them.

Sort of right poertner.

You can copy mp3s all day to your ipod and it will take them, but it won't play them. In order to make the mp3s playable you must transfer the songs to it through iTunes. (At least thats how it is on my 4th Gen 20 gig).

I didn't find what I was looking for (way to make it work without iTunes), but I know you can do it without iTunes in linux, cause I know I've read that somewhere, but I don't know where right offhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back