Does Anyone Have: MSI 8600GTS OC'ed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izx2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127284

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of this car in order to verify that it will fit into my HP a17230n desktop PC? From the pictures in Newegg, it looks huge. If you have this card, please tell me some things about it before I buy. I heard that the fan was noisy!:

"ATTENTION IF YOUR FAN IS TOO LOUD PLUG THE SECOND PLUG INTO THE CARDS OTHER FAN HEADER THIS UNDERVOLTS THE FAN SLOWING IT DOWN SO IT'S SILENT."

Can you tell me what that means?

any of the 80k cards are huge. I do not have an 8600GTS to measure, but I am running an 8800GTS and will guarantee that if u have a mid size case it is going to be full length wise anyway. if it is a small case don't even dream of getting one.

The 8600's will fit fine in a mid-tower case(in a Dell anyway). They are not as big as the 8800's. I have only 1-PCIex16 slot, I would need 2 slots to fit a 8800 but the 8800's are too long to fit in my case. I run a 8600GT XXX but could run the GTS if I wanted to. The 8600's are a single-slot full size card if that helps you.
You better check your psu also, you'll need a 350w, 22amp. The fan bit is that the GTS needs an additional connection from the card to the psu to power it. If you don't you'll lose performance if it'll even run at all without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back