Does anyone know any good free first/third person games

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dont want to download it then go to your local recruiter and ask for one they usually have them on disk right there in the office.

I had thought about doing that. Then all I could imagine was me walking in, asking for a video game, and them looking at me like I was retarded. :X

I may end up doing it, though. Does it even have single player? If not theres no point in me getting it.

mopar man said:
I had thought about doing that. Then all I could imagine was me walking in, asking for a video game, and them looking at me like I was retarded. :X

lol thats too funny!

America's army is the best free game sponsored by the army.but you would have to download the torrent and use utorrent and other problems like it to get faster download speeds. The new version is 1.9 gigs long but the time depends on the internet connection speed. Or you can use file file front to download however downloading torrents have less a probability to be corrupt. Everything is free. Or just download from americasarmy.com. Fun free multiplayer online on the pc. On the different consoles you have to pay the costs for shipment which can range to around 5 dollars. However, the realism is great and it is developed around the American Army. i don't know i i was allowed to say that.

Have you tried FEAR Combat, or Enemy Territory?
FEAR Combat no longer supports punkbuster, but if you disable it and hunt around you can usually find a decent server that bans cheaterz.
Enemy Territory? (Not visually stunning by a longshot) but gameplay was always a blast (no pun intended) when I played it.

pcnthuziast said:
Quake Wars: Enemy Territory not visually stunning by a longshot? You're blind!
Did I say "Quake Wars"!!
Look again, I`m pretty sure I only wrote "Enemy Territory" and just when did Quake Wars - Enemy Territory become a free game?

Dimzin said:
Have you tried FEAR Combat
FEAR Combat no longer supports punkbuster, but if you disable it and hunt around you can usually find a decent server that bans cheaterz.
FEAR Combat has got to be the worst MP game ever made. The devs just converted several SP maps to MP and slapped in a few players. The whole game mindless shooting and grenade spamming. There is also the problem of randomly spawning, which leads to instant death.

F.E.A.R. MP has it's obvious shortcomings as you mentioned, but can be fun and you can't beat the price lol!

aznn3rd said:
FEAR Combat has got to be the worst MP game ever made. The devs just converted several SP maps to MP and slapped in a few players. The whole game mindless shooting and grenade spamming. There is also the problem of randomly spawning, which leads to instant death.
Sooo, you suck @ it??
J/K, I mention FEAR Combat because as pcnthuziast said, "You can`t beat the price"

I'd recommend Far Cry, it's received many great reviews and has been released as a free download some time ago. Google it, and btw it's pretty much the predecessor to Crysis so expect some similarities

Actually Far Cry is not free. If I am not mistaken, it was released for free for LABOR DAY WEEKEND, when several people got angry because they missed their chance to get it. You can still download it, but you have to activate it, which is impossible now.

I'm not so sure about free...if you're looking into that category you shouldn't expect to find a lot...

if you're into the single player aspect and not so much the multi-player and you want it free...you'd probably head on over to the "dark-side" and get your mittens on some "cracked" copies of popular titles from the web...*Warning* Although you can acquire full working copies of great games of the web, remember...by downloading you are partaking in the pirating of software, running risk of spyware/virus/malware infestations, risking system stability, killing kittens, and limiting yourself to only the single player campaigns(most pirated games won't let you play online) not to mention how frustrating it may be trying to decipher crappy instructions, extract corrupted archives, running into errors, ect.

however, assuming you're not cheap to the point where you can't afford a ten dollar game..

You can find tons of great PC games at your local retailers for relatively cheap prices, I personally know you can get yourself some decent FPS's at your neighborhood Walmart such as Half-Life, Call of duty, Medal of honor: Allied Assault and Pacific Assault , Battlefield:1942, Battlefield 2, Starwars Battlefront 1&2, Starwars Republic Commando all for about less than Ten bucks a piece. They're all great games, cheaply priced, and not too demanding of your machine:)

I would also like to recommend one of my personal favorites: "Fable"
It is and awesome Third person action RPG, that looks and plays great, but it is quite short( you can clear the main missions and complete the game in about 4-5 hours)

You should check some of those out, they are well worth the ten bucks:]

mopar man said:
Actually Far Cry is not free. If I am not mistaken, it was released for free for LABOR DAY WEEKEND, when several people got angry because they missed their chance to get it. You can still download it, but you have to activate it, which is impossible now.
Nope. Ubisoft released free to download, ad-supported versions of Far Cry and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time a little over a year back. Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy is another ad-supported free title. Also, try Sage and Warrock as great free MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back