Does my videocard supports USWC??

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

razzvanbot

I have an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB DDRAM /128 bit and i'm interested if my videocard does support USWC. In bios my motherboard has in the chip information section Video Memory cache mode were i can set the following settings: UC -uncacheable
USWC -ucacheable speculative write combining

The USWC leads to an improvement of the display speed by caching the display data.

Many thanks......

http://www.techarp.com/showFreeBOG.aspx?lang=0&bogno=165

"This is yet another BIOS feature with a misleading name. It does not cache the video memory or even graphics data (such data is uncacheable anyway). This BIOS feature allows you to control the USWC (Uncached Speculative Write Combining) write combine buffers.

When set to USWC, the write combine buffers will accumulate and combine partial or smaller graphics writes from the processor and write them to the graphics card as burst writes. When set to UC, the write combine buffers will be disabled. All graphics writes from the processor will be written to the graphics card directly.

It is highly recommended that you set this feature to USWC for improved graphics and processor performance. However, if you are using an older graphics card, it may not be compatible with this feature. Enabling this feature with such graphics cards will cause a host of problems like graphics artifacts, system crashes and even the inability to boot up properly. If you face such problems, you should set this BIOS feature to UC immediately."

Basically; try it & see if it benefits you. The benefits of BIOS settings such as this however tend to be minimal in most instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back