Does System Requirements Lab support dual core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbwilliams12

Does the System Requirements Lab http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest support Dual Core processors in its assessments? I just ran it on an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz and the test failed the recommended requirements due to processor speed. It has a recommended 2.4 GHz requirement. Isn’t my Core 2 Duo rated much higher than its 1.86 because it’s a dual core?

Some software simply look on clock speed not ratings as seems to be the case here. I'm afraid there isn't much you can do except wait for the software company to release an update that can properly test the CPU or overclock your CPU to at least 2.4GHz just to pass the test. Are you sure it's worth the hassle ?

No, no problem. I'm sure my system will run it fine. I was just curious if this was quirk in the System Req. Lab software. It seems that it is. I'm sure the actual software will run fine. I hope there aren't many software vendors that will hard code the speed rating... Ouch...

Thanks for the advice and info.

Your CPU speed isnt really a matter when it comes to gaming, Duo Core will work perfectly for any game

The CPU speed is just for how smoothly your game would run if you run outside programs ( itunes, MSN messenger, Firefox and all that stuff ) I Got the same CPU as you do and it runs Oblivion / BF2142 no problem with no lag at all

Hope I helped :)

Lol yeah, I use it all the time because even though I got a pretty good system that still doesnt mean I can run all games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back