Doesn't the oil go bad after a while?

I'd say change the oil and filter after 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Your mileage might vary.

akaivan said:
Is that something custom or can anyone do that to there pc??? :bounce:

It`s deffinitely a custom job(if it`s for real). :suspiciou

I don`t know if I`d be to keen to try it.

Regards Howard :)

It's just as well the actual video is available for download in three different formats on the bottom of the page then :)

I did wonder if it was real purely for the fact that they were running an FX-55 CPU without a fan, and was supposedly playing a video as they filled up the case. That said, even though it wasn't using a cpu fan, it was running a KILLER heatsink which might have been enough to run without the fan for a short time.

After the case has been filled up on the video, you can see the lights flashing away on the mainboard. Toms hardware is usually pretty good I think, and so I go with it being real.

Incidentally, these guys have a link on page one of that article to their 5Ghz project. They nitrogen cooled an intel chip, used Corsair DDR550, and O/Cd it to 5.25 GHz - so CPUZ said anyway.

vegitable oil breaks down naturally from bacteria and will go rancid over time. Motor oil has some acidic qualities (espcially cheap brands). Synthetic motor oils work well as they are designed not to break down, however, they're quite expensive. (I know I use it on my truck.)

I was thinking using pure propelyne glycol (anti-freeze without the water)

Back