Dont know what kind of mobo i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuGeek247

Hi guys

i just recieved my new case for my computer ( part of my remake of the computer) anyways i pulled out all the switches and i do not know where anytihng goes. i was able to figure out the switch to turn the computer on but theres others that i dont know goes in which slot. Not like memory or cd rom but the smaller ones. do any of you know how i could figure out what motherboard i have?

and do you know where i could go get a layout for it so i could put the right switches in the right places thank you:)

I have yet to find a manufacturer that does not document their jumper settings or headers online. :)

You should be able to go to your manufacturer's website and download some sort of manual (usually PDF acrobat reader form).

To identify your motherboard, you can run a program like Sisoft Sandra and go into Mainboard Information module, or you can run a program like CHKBIOS.

However, the best way to be sure is to look on the mainboard itself.

ASUS usually has in white lettering the motherboard type/model printed on the board near the center.

ABIT and many other manufacturers keep a sticker on the bottom of the last ISA/PCI slot that will have the motherboard type/model printed on it.

Also, the BIOS ID string displayed during POST (you can hit pause during post to pause it and write it down) can help you find it, usually a google search on the ID section will turn up the proper board.

There are a few other ways, but those should be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back