Don't post garbage

Phantasm66

Okay, with the new forum software in place, and running well, I'd like to discuss exactly what we expect from 3DS forums.

First of all, HELLO WHOEVER YOU ARE!

Out there on the net, I am pleased to meet you.

Hi!

Now, I want to stress from the outset, that all intelligent computing discussion is STRONGLY welcomed here.

If you are here to ask questions, or answer them, in honesty and in good faith, then we are very pleased to meet you.

However, we have some rules.

Other members shall (as is their duty) talk about the TOS (terms of service) here and suchlike... however, I want to talk purely about content.

What we are talking about here, if it were a movie, is PG rating.

Not U - that's for teletubbies and stuff. We are not children here (i.e for the most part, past 10 yrs), so there is no need to post like one.

At an ABSOLUTE push, we're into the realms of cert 12, 15.

And I stress at a push....

Now there are PLENTY of good films that are PGs. It doesn't stop them being funny or a good time.

If I want to see cert 18 or XXX content (which I like to), I shall DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! As is my right as a person who is 26 years old, and is old enough to drink, drive, get married, etc...

But not all 3DS members might be!

Due to the annoymous nature of the internet, there might be an 8 year old computing genius reading this..... Whilst his 6 year old sister is watching him.

I have a 5 year old sister, and if anyone over 10 tells hers bad words, they are in for a talking to.

Its not your place or your right to be the one who informs some young person about sexual swear words, violence, the facts of life, drug taking, etc....

As in a PG, its okay to subtly make reference to these things, in a PG kind of way, in my opinion at any rate. I mean, "Ghostbusters" talked about sex, drug talking, etc.... but it did it in a tasteful and family way. You would show your 5 year old sister "Ghostbusters".

What I am asking you to do, is be a gentleman.

Now, I have been influenced by adult beverages, etc... plenty of times and posted here. But in the morning (hopefully before anyone sees it) I deleted / edited it. If this happens to you, PM a moderator or supermoderator, and let them know. We are only human. You can PM me if you like.

Also, if you are here to wind people up, please don't bother. I have seen it all before and I am more than a match for you.... Bully anyone and you try to bully me....

Now, if you are here to discuss intelligent computing discourse, please go ahead. You shall find that the regulars are a pretty friendly, intelligent bunch. We always try our best.

Post with honesty, maturity and intelligence, and we shall all share our computing knowledge and become more powerful on the computer as a result!

Yours,

Phantasm66.

My hat is off to you for the writeup. I don't do much forum's for the reason's you posted that I like to avoid if I can and if people can be kind to each other than this will be a great place to come and post.
Thank you..
Bill The Cat...

3DS Forums r00lzors

Originally posted by Bill The Cat
My hat is off to you for the writeup. I don't do much forum's for the reason's you posted that I like to avoid if I can and if people can be kind to each other than this will be a great place to come and post.
Thank you..
Bill The Cat...

You'll find 3DS offers a very mature, good natured atmosphere without the SkRipT KiDdY behavior. The only other forums I have found close to this one give me the distinct feeling of "brainwashing", but that is not the case here. The reason being is that almost all members here follow the ToS and netiquette in general by choice, not by force...

It's light hearted, informative and surprisingly on-topic. Those are three major reasons I stick around here.

3D Spotlight stands out because of its content

Double Ditto's Mods! All we are asking the membership to do in this Help Forum is to keep it clean, mature, & inteligent. Use a little common sense before posting.

Julio mentioned in one of his posts that the last 18 months have been financially tough for Internet Companies & Dot.Com's.
Interestingly, the forums I have seen go Out of :dead: Business have been the undermoderated cesspools of profanity, w/ SKRiPT KiDdiE & HaXoR'ng d00dZ abound.

Ask yourself, "What company would place ads on sites like that?" That is one of the reasons 3DS survives in these turbulent times!

About 3D Spotlight

3DS currently receives hundreds of thousands of PC Enthusiasts each month. Also part of 3DS, a huge community formed by extraordinary people that are keen on new technologies and new hardware. 3D Spotlight stands out because of its content. Our mission, to give readers fresh hardware and gaming related content everyday, 100% unbiased articles in which we try to balance the technical side and the end-user experience of the products that we consider important as well.

From the "Newcomer Welcome & Hello" :wave:
Please Read FAQ's so you have an idea of how the Forum operates.

* Be mindful of our International Membership; use proper English & Grammar.
* Women & Children frequent the boards, watch your language! (TOS is strictly enforced)
* Please Post in the Correct Forum.
* Please use a Specific Question on the Subject Line.
* This will archive your subject for later searches/retrieval
* Subject lines like "Help me" or "I have a question" & other pleas of desperation are not useful in a help forum.

Your right Phantasm66.
I reckon I must be one of the big offenders, so I pledge that I will do my best to behave.:)

Even Daleks can behave...

Originally posted by DogStar
Your right Phantasm66.
I reckon I must be one of the big offenders, so I pledge that I will do my best to behave.:)

That's all I ask.

If everyone does that, then there is no reason that we should not all be friends.

kit18.jpg

PEACE AND LOVE!

Below left is ruthless UK footballer Roy Keane doing needle point in the changing room, and the final dalek sequence, as they chant 'Peace and Love' behind a singing procession of Hare Krishna followers

Source: The Kit Kat Advert ( http://members.aol.com/dalektable/kitkat.html )

Even Daleks can behave...
hehehe
Point taken

Just one thing.
If you Mods and such could give us less adepts a few days grace to answer to our best ability some queries, it would make us feel less that we don't try.I understand that these forums are for a quick response to all users probs at the earliest opportunity, but I'd like to think that we "less adepts" can all learn from our inexperience.:) ,before the more adepts help.
Don't know if that makes sense but just a thought.

Just one thing.
If you Mods and such could give us less adepts a few days grace to answer to our best ability some queries, it would make us feel less that we don't try.I understand that these forums are for a quick response to all users probs at the earliest opportunity, but I'd like to think that we "less adepts" can all learn from our inexperience.:) ,before the more adepts help.
Don't know if that makes sense but just a thought.

One Q is when do you "less adepts" post?

If it takes a while before anyone answers a post, someone will answer it...
I'm of the "old school" where sooner is better, meaning that if I'm browsing the forum and know the answer (or at least think I do), I'll answer it...

And if someone has answered the Q, it is still possible to answer with a different answer... (Sometimes we ask Q's to get more info about the setup before we can answer, in which case you can suggest solutions before we answer...)

The point I'm trying to make is that being new doesn't mean you get any extra time to answer anything, but you have a chance at learning...
That you don't post the answer doesn't mean you don't know the answer... Just read the Q, try to figure out the answer, then read the rest of the posts... If what you think is the answer hasn't been posted yet, post it, if it has, you know that you knew/guessed right...

Sorry if this doesn't make as much sense as my other posts, but the bottle was quite nice ;) :D

No reason to be hard on yourself..

Your right Phantasm66.
I reckon I must be one of the big offenders,

Nah. There's a large difference between yourself and a flatout low-life.

Some of your off-beat material may not be deemed suitable for general consumption.. But I don't seem to remember you projecting mass amounts of vulgarity and stupidty towards people. You are certainly outdone by the likes of Voodoochild, Kissarmy and a few nameless others.

Originally posted by Tawhid 1
I dont post garbage.

No one said that you, in particular, did.

The warning was to all. We are all capable of TOS violation, bad manners, bad judgment.

The post is a general call to all members to behave and post well. Its not directed at any one person in particular.

Back