Dos command/syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Explorer, highlight the file you want to move, then at the top of Explorer, select Edit/Cut.
Then go to your receiving PC and highlight the Directory in which you want to put that file, then click Edit/Paste.
The Cut will only work if you have Read/Write permission. If not, just select Copy instead of Cut.

No need to use DOS, and it would not work anyway, because there is no networking under DOS.

realblackstuff: I know it won't work from dos on it's own, but surely it's capable of networking in the form of the windows commandline???

According to the link I posted, it's possible to automate the sending/recieving of specified files etc at startup in this way. I've never seen it before though.

I have to agree that in the main it's easier to do it from explorer though, even if it could be done through DOS.

RBS - many network admins are in situations where they have to move files across networks via command line and it does work.

LNCPapa, I would not expect these DOS-commands to work on NTFS-partitions, which are the most common on networks, hence my (perhaps a bit bold) statement.

Out of interest, has anybody tried typing "ftp -?" at the command line?

No, I didn't mean /? I meant -? :D

That's what I read anyways. Be interesting to know how well it works

DOS commands work just fine on NTFS formatted drives - all my windows based machines are strictly NTFS.

I think Amir46 wasn't precise enough by saying DOS command, I guess he meant a command to type from the command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back