Downed Soldier

T

tifc8lraz

Living in the US, and being in the "War" in Iraq, my little town of around 14,000 just lost a 20year old soldier. He was riding in a group when an explosive went off. This is the first Soldier loss since the Korean War here, and was wondering what people thought of this? God rest his soul.... Today there will be a town funeral service, and everyone that attends will walk about a mile in a parade like form to the cemetary where he will be buried.

That's too bad, I live in a bit bigger city and we have had a few deaths here from Iraq as well. Where do you live?

In Massachusetts' North Shore, I attended the procession, where hundreds if not thousands of people waited outside the Church where it was going on. Then, everyone including me walked to the cemetary about a mile away on closed off roads following the vehicle with the casket, and several limos. There were military personnel there as well, and shot 21 shots off at the cemetary. This is the first loss of a soldier in about forty years.

Sorry to hear about that, sounds like he had an incredible send off, which is great. We've lost several in my area to this. :(

Sorry to hear of the loss. If only we had more brave soliders...... Those bastards over there don't give a rats *** about anything.... I leave in less than 2 weeks myself.

Good Luck Tedster, and thanks for defending the country. Our prayers are with you, and try to stay in contact in the forums!

plan on it.... been going to the rifle and pistol ranges quite frequently. Just got issued some more armor.
Hey and you Brits are good friends too... I've worked with Brit soldiers quite a bit....

Good Luck Tedster, do your country proud and come back safe.

Things are going to be tough, apparently US soldiers are attacked every 15 minutes!!!
And in Afganistan us Brits are facing the entire Taliban offensive.
I'd like to convey my respects to all who are there, or who are going to be sent out there. It sounds like hell on Earth.

A lietenant (ive no idea how to spell it)... awsome man, you deserve it. Im sure here on Techspot we'll be thinking of our Tedster with pride.

Back