Dreamweaver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im running Dreamweaver MX on a machine with Windows XP SP1, 2.8GHz P4 Processor, and 256MB RAM.
When I run Dreamweaver the splash screen sits on the computer for about 10 minutes or more until the actual program runs.

Ive tried re-installing, Ive tried installin MX 2004, Ive tried the 6.1 updater, And I have 110MB free RAM but it just sits there and takes ages to load no matter what version of the pogram it is.

Also, when DW eventually loads it lags alot, I dont think this should be happening on a 2.8GHz Processor; well considering it worked up to speed with my 800MHz Celeron before. The program uses 43MB RAM, and about 50% Hard Drive resources on average.

Does anybody know whats happening?

Aight i just lost a long post, so this is try #2:
I original had a bunch of questions about settings and if it effects other programs...
BUT, then i found out that SP1 created a problem with programs that use large chunks of memory, and based on your problem i'd point to that as a possible cause. Here is the MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q815411 but there's no patch, you have to phone in to get it. blah. anyways, this is the random forum thread i stumbled upon, and it seemed like the patch helped several people, and didn't hurt anyone: http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=9815
and lastely i found a link to the patch on the web: http://www.utaks.net/xp_fixes/Q815411_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe
hope that helps, and be lucky you don't have to read the paragraph of mindless drivel i first had here before losing it ;)
But i'd still offer that you should check your virtual memory settings, and whether priority is going to the system or to programs.
let us know how you fare!
-Krugger

OK, well i followed a few things you said, they didnt work....

I contacted Microsoft, if i asked for support they were going to charge me £45!! WTF, you buy something from Microsoft and they wont give you nothing back.

Well, what I done was uninstall the program, then i installed DW in safe mode. It didnt make any difference. Then I went into the msconfig settings and changed my startup option from selective to Normal and it works a treat now :D

And at the same time the whole computer runs faster :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

[size=1]Edited by Poertner_1274: Please watch your language on the boards[/size][size=1][/size]

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out now, as I know it can be a pain sometimes when things don't work right.

BTW :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Actually.... The normal instead of selective startup option speeds up the computer a bit, but it wasnt that to blame for dreamweaver..

I've got Norton Anti-Virus 2004 and the auto-protect function was to blame for dreamweaver taking about 10mins to start up. Ive set the auto-protect not to start up with windows and dreamweaver has worked ever since :)

dreamweaver problem with files

hi, i´m having trouble with files in my site. i did lots of changes and then i uploaded them yesterday , then today i opened the files and names had been cahnged by itself, some of the pages were just blank, and some others were full of strange symbols but nothing like i had them before. i run norton antivirus, thinking maybe it was a virus but no, scan came out clean.
helppppp please.

this is very useful

Wow, this is very useful.. Thanks for sharing this and hoping I could implement it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back