Drive Cleaner popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

beta7

I am battling with Driver Cleaner pop ups that claim my system needs increased security, and, of course, wants me to pay for it. I have done all the steps in the sticky post, and when I finished, the damn thing popped up again. Any help would be appreciated.

Logs:

ComboFix log is attached.

The AVG log is 1.16 MB...not sure how to get that on here with a 100kb attachment limit....I'll post as much as possible as the next response, and we'll go from there...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of beta7 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

The Panda Antirootkit turned up nothing.

The files should be attached, thank you.

Also, I apologize for not posting in the required manner. I must have missed that in the post I was reading. Sorry!

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\29897BFAB4.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\B4FA7B8929.sys
Folder::
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\wuzi
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\My Documents\F?nts
C:\VundoFix Backups
Registry::
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"wuzi"=-
"Ewo"=-

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of beta7 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

All clean.

Delete the following folder.

C:\qoobox.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

You had the lop advertising trojan, hence the popups.

That`s pretty much it really.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Drivercleaner.

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 64.136.29.30;64.136.21.30;64.136.29.34;searchap.untd.com;127.0.0.1;localhost;*mi crosoft.com;*windowsupdate.com;*wustat.windows.com;*.pogo.com;*.worldwinner.com; *test-speed.com;liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com;*symantec.com;*.nai.com;*.netw orkassociates.com;*photosite.com;*.dir.untd.com;*.prod.untd.com;

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your computer.

Let me know if you`re still having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back