Drive not recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a modded xbox which i remove the 120 drive and replaced it with a 300gb drive, the old drive i place into a safecom 3.5 esternal box which i was wanting to hook up to my laptop. (the hard drive is a (diamond max plus 9) maxtor). the problem is that the laptop tells me that new hardware has connected but it will not show up on the computer (ubs connection is working fine as i have other ex. drives) it even tells me that the device is working - if it just the case of the container working or the hard drive, i don't know.
i need to reformat the drive but it's not allowing me to. the 120gb drive is unlocked so it should work - .the laptop runs xp pro and the file system is ntfs.

so far the drive has only responed once to the computer management section, which it wouldn't allow me to reformat (it didn't highlight), it didn't recognize the drive. now the drive skips when going into the file management and refuses to show up. (if the drive is fat32 - i don't know).

anybody?

thanks

WinXP should be able to recognise it even if it is FAT 32...try disconnecting all other USB devices except the external HDD and re-boot. It could be the USB port is under-powered. If so try another port the same way.

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back