Drive will not reformat dvd+rw Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Dimension 5100 computer that operates very well, but I have been having one recurring problem. I have been using Sony DVD+RW disks to back up some of my data. Recently, I have found it necessary to reformat some of these disks. Now, keeping in mind that these are DVD+RW disks, this should not be a problem, but once I started reformatting these disks I start getting errors on them. This has happened on four consecutive disks so this can not be a random problem (CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD+R disks all seem to work the way they were intended.) I can usually reformat each disk 1 time. If I try to reformat again I receive errors such as disk is damaged, or can not be formatted due to general error.

The drive is a NEC DVD+-RW ND3530A
The disks are Sony DVD+RW 1x-4X compatible

Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this, and if so is there a way to resolve it?

Please let me know.

I have already updated the firmware, but I have not yet tried another brand of DVD-RWs. Is there any known compatability issue between the NEC DVD+-RW ND 3530A and certain brands of disks. I would hate to throw away money on a new set of disks if there is.

I don't know if there are specific brands that your player doesnt like, but i does happen on some players..

Cheap quality discs are usualy the ones blamed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back