Driver conflict ?? or just a nice blue screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

Hi,
I have a tiny winny problem. my pc terns ut to like blue and reminds me of it every now and then. In 36 hours I have had two blue screens. the first one reported this:

"Technical Information

STOP: 0x0000008E (OxC0000005, 0xBF8055F0, 0xAA724BC8,
0x00000000)
win32k.sys - Address BF800000, Datestamp 43446a58

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete

Contant your sys admin or tech........"

I searched on the event viewer and have 4 error entries with eventID 1003 and categoryID (102).
This is contained on every error

(1st) Time:05:35:27
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000014, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 a97e65e2.

(2nd) Time 05:35:37
Error code 000000de, parameter1 00000002, parameter2 e2074f94, parameter3 e2074f94, parameter4 0c2678c6.

(3rd) Time 05:35:39
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804db55f, parameter3 ae45facc, parameter4 00000000.

(4th) Time 05:35:41
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf8055f0, parameter3 aa724bc8, parameter4 00000000.

The second blue screen I got was an hour ago and contained this:

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information ***STOP 0x000000D1 (0x1187F5Fb, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x0F5FBA483)
mouclass.sys Address F5FBA483 base at F5FBA000, DateStamp 41107b08

I have added also on this port a few minidumps that I found after this blue screens. any ideas and help much appreciated.

thanks

minidump

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 15
check your memory right away but using a program called memtest86. it's free.
I hope you have a floppy drive. All computer users should always have a floppy for low-level hardware testing and BIOS updates.

Uninstall Alcohol 120% as this is known to cause problems on some systems.

1 minidump crashes at a347bus.sys. Alcohol 120% driver. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

1 minidump crashes at DigiFilt.sys. DIGIDESIGN programme. It also references a347bus.sys. it has a bugcheck of DE. Try uninstalling Digidesign.

1 minidump crashes with hardware, and has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at ipsec.sys. Windows IPSec Driver. It also references Teefer.sys. Sygate firewall. It has a bug check of D1. Try updating Sygate.

1 minidump crashes at win32k.sys. Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x000000DE: POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA

If after trying the above your BSOD`s continue. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Hi, thanks for all ur replys.
Firstly i have checked my mem with memtest and came out clean (it made 10 passes). I have also checked my whole system (including mem disks, mobo) with microscope diagnostic soft, which came out clean too.
Cause i have 4 disks on system thought to test them too with manufacturers tools and 3rd party, again all clean.
Now i am not home to uninstall softwares as u suggested but will do as soon as i get in 3-4 hours.
I will uninstall alcohol and use nero image drive instead, hopefully for it to work wright.

Uninstalling Digidesign though is not really an option as i use it a lot and is part of my work. I have the latest version of it (7.0) and according to digidesign and other users is the most stable version yet ??? how exactly dont know.
Is there anything i can do about this?

Further on, the sygate firewall i was pretty sure i had the latest update but will double check when i get home. In any case is there any other firewall that i could use in case this is the case?

I have also updated my bios to latest revision (if i remember correctly 5.10). My mobo is a msi platinum k8n neo i think. currently have also only one stick of ram on the system (512) which is tested thouroughly and seems clean.

Any other advice much appreciated as i realle need this pc to work on (especially with digidesign software).

Again thank you for your replys and hope to hear from you soon.

bye

Maybe uninstalling Alcohol 120% will solve your problems. Please let us know.

I doubt whether Sygate is responsible, but you never know. The free Zonealarm firewall is a good alternative. You can get it HERE

I understand that your can`t uninstall Digidesign. Hopefully this won`t be the problem software anyway.

Start with Alcohol 120% and then test your system, before making any other changes.

Hi, there

got home and have some more info on the blue screens happening here. firstly there is one that contained parts of this:

"Check adequate disk space. disable the driver, check the manufacturer bios update, disbale bios memory options.
****STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF8F4ABF7, 0xAFAA5764, 0x00000000)

****ntfs.sus Address F8F4ABF7 base at F8F3D000, Datestamp 41107eea"

then another blue screen containes this:

"****STOP 0x000000D1 (0x0000052c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xAAF37E03)
****afd.sys - Address AAF37E03 base at AAF2B000, Datestamp 41107eb5

two more minidumps where saved on my system.
minidumps

I have uninstalled alcohol now and restarted my system. hope it will run smooth :) either way I will start testing the memory again now. Should I also test my hard disks? I tested them last week and where clean. anyways let me know what you think.

thanks again

babye

Attachments

• Minidmp.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 15
Your latest minidumps crash at DigiFilt.sys, and afd.sys respectively. They havs bugchecks of D1, and 8E. afd.sys is the Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock.

You should test everything on your system, including your hdd.

With a bit of luck. Uninstalling Alcohol 120% will have sorted it.

hello,

back again. didnt take longer for the blue screen to appear again (less than 24 hours). i uninstalled Alcohol from my system and after leaving the system on and left came back 4 hours later to see this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00410056, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB2F37E03)

*** afd.sys - Address B2F37E03 base at B2F2B000 Datestamp 41107eb5

the minidump is here

also a notice when i restarted the pc after this contained this
"error signature:
BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 00410056 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : B2F37E03 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1 "

in addition to this i noticed an error log on the event viewer that contained this

"The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized."
Source: W32Time
Category: None
EventID: 36

Hope this helps to find the problem as i am really worried for my systems health :)

anyways. talk to u later. bye

Can you please tell me what psu you have? make, and wattage please.

You might also want to Google afd.sys, and see what comes up.

Hi again, thanks for the quick reply.
I am using an athlon 64 3,4GHz with 1mb L2 cache on a 550 watt psu.
afd.sys comes out as an "Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock" by Microsoft for use with winsock. I am not really familiar with winsock, altough have heard in the past that winsock drivers had problems. What can i do to check what apps use it so maybe i could disable it ?

again thanks for your help and patience.

"edit:
forgot to mention that am using XP with sp2 and all latest updates from microsoft. dunno if it makes any difference :)
"

"Edit2:
hehe forgot also the make, its a qtec and i think its 650watt"

I`m afraid I`m running out of ideas.

Do not try and disable afd.sys. It is a Windows core driver.

Try doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE

This will wipe all your Windows updates, so you will need to download, and reinstall them.

However, after doing the repair, and before doing the updates again. I suggest that you test your system for a while, to see if it still crashes.

hi again, just got the blue screen again with this technical information in it:
"STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF959CC40, 0xF959C93C)
check to be sure you have adequate disk spacem if a driver is identified in the stop messagem disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.
"
??????
to me this message seems really odd cause what possibly could be wrong with my video card? worked flawlesly in the past and still does. in regards to drive space i have 4 drives with 5 total of 5 partitions, all of them which where checked and recently low-level format to restore them. 3x250gb sata and 1x120 ata. main drive has 76% free out of 120gb, the other three have 6% 8%, 12%, 21% . could it be that the drivers are heavy loaded (but not fragmented??? as i do that often, last time 4 days ago).
the driver things matches though the event entry next for my printer...

Source: print , eventID 54
Document Recording Music was corrupted and has been deleted. The associated driver is: EPSON Stylus C46 Series.

anyways thats it. hopefully this is a little more info. i am thinking maybe i should try other video drivers. i use the manufacturers drivers now but can easily install the ati catalysts one or the omega ones. dunno if this the wright move though.

anyways i'll keep u posted what happens.

bye

"edit:
forgot the minidump again :)
"

Your latest dump crashes with memory corruption, and a bugcheck of 7E.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

hello,

i'll be changing my memory to another ddr stick i have although was never pleased with it as my MSI mobo didnt recognise it as a 1gb, but only as a 512. its also slightly slower than the one i have on now which clocks at 2.5 instead of 3.0. either way hope this will make some difference. anyways have to run now. i'll keep u posted when i return as i believe when i come back there will be again a blue screen as always :(

bye

hell again. as i said there was a blue screen when i returned that sais something about BAD_POOP_CALLER. either way i switched to the other stick of memory i have and till now the system has not restarted in 24 hours. i have had though two applications crashing, one of them being Internet explorer, where the whole system freezed for a 1 minute, and the second app being a dc client which i now stopped using. i dont know what caused ie to crash but i remember having ie freezing in the past quite often. i tested the memory and seems ok after 10 passes, same with hd. wiedly there is no event logged for any of this.
anyways, i'll keep u posted if anything new happens.

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back