Driver does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a pioneer driver dvdrw it was working fine up until a couple days ago then it just stop so put another pioneer driver in it place same kind and vista found the updates its in my bios but not in the computer file its not reading or writing its like it dont exsist at all it saying drivers cannot be found and has a code 10 can some one please help i have already went and manually got updates from pioneer web site that did not work when i try to update from there it tells me it can not find the target

If updating the driver does not resolve the problem, it indicates that there is a problem in the registry. To fix this problem, you may have to remove a few keys from the registry.

Note: Be careful while working with the registry editor because changes done to the registry using the Registry Editor are irreversible and mistakes can leave you with more problems than when you started. Therefore, it is recommended that you make a backup of the registry before proceeding with the changes.

After you have removed the registry keys listed below, you may have to reinstall all applications that you use for CD or DVD recording to make them work properly.

1. Choose Start > Run.
2. Type regedit click OK.
3. In the Registry Editor dialog box, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class and select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} key, which appears as a folder.
4. Select File > Export (Windows XP)
5. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range, name the file (for example, CDDVDkey.reg), and click Save to save the file to the Desktop.
6. In the right panel of the Registry Editor, select the LowerFilters line, and then choose Edit > Delete. Click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box.
7. Select the UpperFilters line, and then choose Edit > Delete. Click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog box.
8. Close the Registry Editor.
9. Restart Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back