DRIVER FOR 512MB Samsung Mobile Storage USB 2.0 Flash Pen Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I have recently purchased a 512MB Samsung Mobile Storage USB 2.0 Flash Pen Drive without a driver - silly me presumed that because I had installed a driver for an earlier memory stick (128mb) I had purchased that this one would be read and recognised by my computer, however it is not.

The samsung usb stick works fine on my computer in work but not on my home computer which operates on Win98SE and is pretty old too (8years).

Can anyone advise as to where I can get the appropriate driver for this usb stick. I have tried everything, the samsung website, other forums, did a search for driver on this forum and other forums but to be honest and installed them but to no avail. Wasn't even sure that i was installing the right ones anyway.

Unfortunatley this particular usb does not have a model no or anything like that but I hope that maybe someone on this forum can help.

Much appreciated in anticipation.

C

Thanks but have already both those suggestions. Samsung were unable to help me except suggest that I upgrade my computer and global seaerch facility on the samsung product support part of their website does not list my product.

Thanks again.

tell samsung you are returning their product and go get a sandisk cruzer, I love mine and the drivers for 98 on their web site work with no problems. It is about time manufacturers make the products they sell easy for the consumer.

Cheers vegasgmc

Cheers vegasgmc

I'll give it a go and download the me driver for reading a usb 2.0 flash drive. Don't suppose you have a link to this download and or can you just guide in the right direction in terms the actual name of this driver if I were to carry out a search for it. Would it be located in hte MS support website?

Thanks again

Caz

Tedster said:
avoid sandisc cruzers.... they have tons of problems....
Have been using for over a year on at least half a dozen PC's, moving files, and have had no issues

kiddk1 said:
Have been using for over a year on at least half a dozen PC's, moving files, and have had no issues

lucky you. I have responded to at least half a dozen complaints from people using sandisc cruisers that were faulty.

If you have a working one, I wouldn't keep anything on it without it being saved elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back