Driver Identification and Direct X9.0c issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servat8s

How do you find out what kind of driver you have?

I recently bought the Sims 2 and I'm having trouble opening up the program...
It comes up with this message: "Failed to fnd any Direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please Make sure you have a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

After I got that error, I downloaded Direct X9.0c and it still comes up with that message. So I guessed that I'd have to update my drivers. How can I find out what kind of drivers I have?
The computer is a Sony Vaio that uses Windows XP and uses a Intel Pentium 4 processor.

Failed to fnd any Direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please Make sure you have a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
help

On Windows XP go to control panel. Select 'system'. Then choose the 'hardware' tab. Then choose 'device manager". You will see a tree of all of your system's hardware devices. Click on 'display adapter'. The video card that you are using will show up, and you can select driver information. You can select 'update drivers'. If your Sony Vaio has a graphics card installed, go to that manufacturer's website and under 'support' you should see 'drivers' as a choice. Go ahead and download the latest drivers that apply to the model of graphics card, and your O.S. Good Luck.

Sims 2 and directx 9.0c

I have the same proublem as many of the people on here with sims

it shows a no directx 9.0c compatable something, and stops sims...... but makes it different is that i've had sims on my computer before and ive this proublem before and i figured it out, but i have no idea what's wrong with it this time

please help!! i'm a sims 2 addict >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back