Driver Installation Errors with WinXp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to reinstall WinXp onto my Dell Inspiron 2200. I had no problems with the OS when I installed it. But when it comes time to extract and install from the Drivers and Utilities disk, many of the drivers applications and utilities simply do not install. I get what seems to be one of two error messages. Either that an object was not found, or it cannot install on this system. The only utilities that seemed to install without a problem where ones that worked for WinXp and Win2000 and that were also listed as compatible with every Inspiron model type in the drop down list. A few months back I reinstalled WinXp on this machine without these problems using the same two disks. I do remember that when using the Drivers and Utilites disk, Inspiron 2200 was not a model number available on the drop down list. XPS, 600m, 300m, 8600, and 1150 were on there to name a few. I recall using the files for one of those model types and never having any problems. Anyone know if any models out there use the same drivers as a 2200? Or if something may have went wrong when I installed WinXp. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back