Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - help please (basically no computer knowledge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graeme111

Hello, I've followed the steps in the sticky about minidump to see if this was a ram problem but nothing came up to prove it (ram ment to be compatible with mobo, ran 16 hours on memtest, disk check came up clean etc.)

I have recently installed some new components into my 2 year old computer -Gigabyte SLi nforce 4 mobo, Athlon 64 3200, 1GB ram and a 7800gt and a new PSU. I'd never done anything like this before but I managed to get everything connected right I think.

It is only really when I try to run Battlefield 2 (out of the games I have) that this error happens for certain (loads all the way then crashes when the game is about to begin), I got the F.E.A.R demo to try it out and its only happened once out of playing afew times and I can play CoD2 for hours and I've never seen this stop screen then which seems strange to me.

I used to get the screen even when browsing or trying to launch any game (even some as old as Morrowind) but now it only happens with BF2 really - I havent changed anything to my knowledge which is also strange.

If anyone has any ideas please help - been battling this for 2 weeks - really tried to avoid posting by trolling help sites but nothing has helped.

I think thats everything.

Thanks in advance - Graeme.

PS: This is my first post so here's a quick Hi to you all :) And Merry Christmas since we're nearly there.

Did you do a clean install of Windows? If not, you have old and new drivers causing problems. The error your getting usually refers to a driver problem.

Most common problem is loading the wrong driver.

Otherwise:

Check 5V rail on PSU - too low will cause problems under load. Your PSU may not be providing enough power.

Try another IDE cable - set drive to cable select.

That problem is often caused by incompatible/unstable/bad drivers.

First try updating chipset and graphics drivers.
You will find the newest nForce drivers and ForceWare if you follow this link:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Be sure to uninstall the previus drivers via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, reboot, then install these new ones.

My PSU and cable should be fine - I got it all checked at my computer store to make sure all were compatible.

The graphics drivers I use are off the disk I got with my 7800 - its OverclockersUK's own one so I thought those would be better to use than GTX - getting nforce 4 AMD chipset drivers now - I installed ones off mobo disk but I'll give these a go and let you know what happens, thanks for responses.

EDIT: Still getting same problems I think these are same ones as off the disk.

I installed the nforce 4 AMD chipset drivers - my mobo is: Gigabyte K8N SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-040-GI) Is this the right Chipset?

Drivers seemed to help - I no longer get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL its now just get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL which means its most likey a ram fault I think?

I've tried all the ram tests and cleaning before and nothing came up.

Here is some minidumps if anyone has time to look:

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 92
Hi,

The crashes is related to memory corruption. The culprit may be faulty ram or software error at BF2.

Suggestion
1. Upgrade BF2
2. Reseat memory module to another memory slot or downclock the ram

Your debug report
Mini122005-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 865c50cf, b9747b9c, 0}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!IopSynchronousServiceTail+5e )

Mini122105-01.dmp BugCheck A, {e146d210, ff, 0, 80551a79}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!ExpLookupHandleTableEntry+14 )

Mini122305-01.dmp BugCheck A, {e1cdc5c0, ff, 0, 80551a79}

Mini122305-02.dmp BugCheck D1, {e100943c, ff, 0, 859fcbd1}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+219 )

Mini122505-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8567108b, f3bf7b5c, 0}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!IopSynchronousServiceTail+5e )

Mini122605-01.dmp BugCheck A, {e104e230, ff, 0, 80551a79}

I've been having the same problem with my brand new system. All parts are in secure, I've had 2 other geek friends check on my install and they both say hardware and software installs are clean. It's a fresh install of XP Pro. A8N5X Asus mobo, x2 4200+, nvidia 7800 gt card and 2x 512 sticks of corsair. I'm going to try to downclock the RAM and see if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey - managed to fix the problem, thanks a lot for all the help.

If your 7800GT isn't Nvidia's own one you should try installing the nvidia website's latest drivers as oppose to the company who changed it, I have a Point of View 7800 and was using their latest drivers. After I tried Nvidia's forceware 82.12 drivers the problem stopped.

I have the same error.

Involved in the error are two drivers:
sysdata.xml
minidmp(dont remember the rest of filename).

Hello wolf1991 and welcome to Techspot.

First, go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Start a new thread in the Windows OS forum, and attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps to your new thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back