Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm new to these forums so i'm not quite sure where to post or what to include in this post :\

Anyway, System Specs :

AMD Sempron 2800+, 2.01 Ghz
1.00 GB Ram
Radeon 9600Pro (256mb)
Windows XP Proffesional

Recently my Pc has been crashing, alot. I keep getting a BSOD with a variety of error messages. Sometimes I will get one called BAD_POOL_HEADER or BAD_POOL_CALLER. I also get one called 'ati2dvag.dll', with this error I get the stop codes 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF9E04CD, OxA77F5458, 0x00000000). When my Pc restarts I get the pop up saying 'Your Pc Has Recovered From a Serious Error', in the technical information I get this:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF9E04CD BCP3 : A77F5458
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I have no idea what any of this means but what I have done so far is:
1. Unistall and then reinstall the latest Ati drivers.
2. Perform Ad-Aware and Anti-Virus scans.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks, i'll look into it.

I am still yet to experience a crash after uninstalling and re-installing Ati drivers. Just hope its fixed.

Still crashing. It hadn't crashed for a few hours but then as soon as I tried to start playing a game I got a plain BSOD. Following restart I got another BSOD with the 'ati2dvag.dll' error. I'm thinking of reloading Windows XP.

2 things come to mind: overheating issues or bad/failing PSU. Check temps in BIOS at least (PC health) or dwnload a prog like Everest Home edition, it's in the motherboard section. Everest will alos give you the voltages of your PSU.
What total watts and amps on each of the 3.3, 5 and 12V outputs do have have? You can find this on label of the PSU. Take the side off the case to see it. Whille it's off put a table fan blowing on everything in there to see if temps are a prob.

I'm starting to believe its overheating as it seems to crash after I have been on the Pc for a while. The Power Supply also seems very hot when it crashes, I think might be faulty so i'm going to buy a new one. I've been looking and I would like some suggestions on what Power Supply to get. I don't want to spend that much but I want something that will keep my Pc cool and stable and will support gaming.

ati is known to have flakey video drivers. When you find one that works, don't upgrade or change it.

can u help

hi there wondering if someone can help me my pc keeps shutting down all the time after about 10 mins when i reboot it says its recovered form a serious error when u send report and get more info it says its to do with recently installed devices all i have installed is my web cam and bb modem drivers any suggestions on how to stop this because its becoming a real pain i have reformatted pc and everything but still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back