Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got an MP3 player and during the instalation of the mp3 sofware driver installation the windows message stating that the software hasnt been tested with XP poped up 3 times. On the last pop up I hit cancle installation by mistake. After this I cannot get past that part of the installation anymore. I cant install the nessecary drivers for the player to work and I think its becuase when I hit that cancle button windows flaged that driver as bad and it will not let it be installed now. Is there any way to remove that flag or is there something else at fault here? any help is appreciated.

This may or may not help but here goes...

Right-click my computer and go to properties (or, open "System" in Control Panel) In System Properties hit the "Hardware" tab.

Under Device Manager click the "Driver Signing" button.

Under "What action do you want Windows to take?" select "Ignore-Install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval"

Click "Ok" twice and try the install again.

Hope that helps.

Prime

Ive tried that, no luck. It saved all my answers to the driver signing so whatever I clicked yes on it skips and that one part that I hit no it just cancels it. There must be some way of ressetting it or deleting the prefrences I clicked yes/no to. I can do a sys restore cuase I dont have any points before that.

Go into Regedit (with all normal precautions...) and look for any entries concerning this MP3-installation, and delete them all.
You can also look for the individual file-names from that MP3 directory, and delete those as well. Quit Regedit.
Find the directory these MP3-drivers were installed in, and delete it.
See if there is an entry in Settings/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there is, double-click on it. As you have deleted the data already, it will offer to delete this entry. click OK.
Now reboot and try to re-install these drivers afresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back