Driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new phillips dvd-r drive i connected it without any problems, at first it worked perfectly and did everything i needed it to do, but then i had to re open my computer and take my other drive out. when i turned my computer on after this my new drive was not there, i opened my computer and it didnt have my new drive there anymore, and i tried to do the add new hardware wizard but it said no new hardware found. please help me.

Was it set as a slave to another drive?

Make sure it's set as a Master at the moment if it's the only drive on the ATA cable you're using.

Okay, and I assume that you connected them both to the motherboard using the same ATA cable correct? If so, one of them (likely your new drive) was set as a "Slave" via the jumpers on the back of the drive. If not, then your drives were configured to use "Cable Select". Look at the back of your drive and make sure it is set as a "Master" now if it is the only drive on that ATA ribbon cable.

sorry im not that good at this stuff, but is this master thing on the back a switch or sumtin? thnx for the replies btw imma try this hope it works.

There is a removable jumper on the back of the drive. You'll see a bunch of small text probably abbreviating "Master", "Slave", and "Cable Select" in one way or another. Make sure the jumper is set to "Master".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back