DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Various other errors :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippot

Hi,

For the past 3-4 weeks I've continually been experiencing random BSOD's whilst on my PC - the only time I don't have the problem is when I'm playing a game, for example I can play WOW for 6+ hours without any errors. I've formatted the hard drive, installed a new copy of XP - my 1001 event log shows the following:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x00000404, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf765e573). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0x9666d1e0, 0x00000001, 0xf7c37a5f, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x89d5c620, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf7b16e21). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8058c5b1, 0xf7c85b30, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Various errors I get....

avg7rsxp.sys BSOD
ndis.sys BSOD
USBUHCI.sys BSOD
USBPORT.sys BSOD

and a few other random faults.

SiSoftware Sandra

System
Host Name : THOMAS
User : Tam
Domain : MSHOME

Processor
Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Speed : 2.39GHz
Performance Rating : PR2633 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 8-way set, 64 byte line size, 2 lines per sector

Mainboard
Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP Support : No
MP APIC : Yes
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG
Mainboard : i845
Total Memory : 1GB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Intel Corporation 82845E Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (E0-step)
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 1GB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor
Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT
Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT - Secondary

Physical Storage Devices
Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive
Hard Disk : Maxtor 6B300R0 (279GB)
CD-ROM/DVD : ATAPI DVD-ROM 16XMax (CD 48X Rd) (DVD 6X Rd)
CD-ROM/DVD : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A (CD 48X Rd, 48X Wr) (DVD 6X Rd, 6X Wr)
CD-ROM/DVD : SCSIVAX DVD/CD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device (CD 32X Rd) (DVD 4X Rd)

Logical Storage Devices
1.44MB 3.5" (A:) : N/A
Hard Disk (C:) : 279GB (241GB, 86% Free Space) (NTFS)
CD-ROM/DVD (D:) : N/A
Driver_pack (E:) : 556MB (CDFS)
CD-ROM/DVD (F:) : N/A

Peripherals
Serial/Parallel Port(s) : 2 COM / 1 LPT
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7
USB Controller/Hub : Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
Keyboard : Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse : HID-compliant mouse
Human Interface : USB Human Interface Device

MultiMedia Device(s)
Device : Standard Game Port
Device : C-Media AC97 Audio Device

Printers and Faxes
Model : Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

Power Management
AC Line Status : On-Line

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Network Services
Network Drivers Enabled : No

Performance Tips
Tip 2546 : Large memory modules should be ECC/Parity.
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

My heart tells me my mobo is failing but I thought I'd post here to check before spending money on a new one.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm being dumb here but when I double click on pstat it quickly cycles through my system but how do I get the results?

Click the download button. Install pstat and run pstat at command mode.

ie pstat > pstat.txt. Attach pstat.txt here

cpc2004 said:
Click the download button. Install pstat and run pstat at command mode.

ie pstat > pstat.txt. Attach pstat.txt here

I tried that, when I double click on the .exe file it opens a window and cycles through quickly - how can I do it in the command mode?

As you don't know how to use command prompt and I give up.

Zip 2 to 3 minidumps a zip file and attach it here and you can find the minidump at \windows\minidump. Techspot has a upper limit of 100K per attachment. Don't ask me how to use winzip and how to attach a file at this website as I assume that you know how to do it. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

Hi zippot,

I received a lot of 0xd1, and 0x8e erros and also the occasional 0x50. Some BSOD also reffered to ndis.sys, usbport.sys and usbuhci.sys like some of yours have. I posted on here and cpc offered help. He analysed my dump files and suggested it may be my motherboard. I've changed my motherboard and all the problems i have are gone (except the odd issue with the new m/b).

I'm not saying it is necessarily your motherboard at fault. I'm saying that I experienced similar to what you are experiencing and it seems my motherboard was at fault.

Andy

cpc2004 said:
As you don't know how to use command prompt and I give up.

Zip 2 to 3 minidumps a zip file and attach it here and you can find the minidump at \windows\minidump. Techspot has a upper limit of 100K per attachment. Don't ask me how to use winzip and how to attach a file at this website as I assume that you know how to do it. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

Cheers mate, I've attached the latest 3.

Hi zippot,

I received a lot of 0xd1, and 0x8e erros and also the occasional 0x50. Some BSOD also reffered to ndis.sys, usbport.sys and usbuhci.sys like some of yours have. I posted on here and cpc offered help. He analysed my dump files and suggested it may be my motherboard. I've changed my motherboard and all the problems i have are gone (except the odd issue with the new m/b).

I'm not saying it is necessarily your motherboard at fault. I'm saying that I experienced similar to what you are experiencing and it seems my motherboard was at fault.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I reckon it's the motherboard as well but just want to make sure before buying a new one.

:)

Hi Zippot.

Probably it is faulty ram. Zip 7 to 10 minidumps here so I can confirm ram is the culprit.

Hi CPC, if you've got time can you have a quick look at the dumps please? If it is memory or motherboard I can go out tomorrow and buy a replacement.

I should add that I've tried each stick of 512MB in by themselves and each stick in each bank and the problem persists - therefore if the memory is faulty then both have failed at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back