DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono91

Hi, I have written on here a couple of times about my BSOD problem, but still haven't found out what is wrong.

It usually happens when I am copying files from CD to HD, or around the HD. Sometimes it just crashes, but usually it is when i move my mouse, sometimes when I am listening to music at the same time.

The Blue Screen says something like:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0X05000404, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF7AF0E2A)

usbuhci.sys - Address F7AF0E2A base at F7AEE000, Datestamp 3d6ddc30

My System Specs:
Motherboard: MSI PX8 Neo-V (Skt478)
CPU: Celeron 2.6Ghz
RAM: 2x 512mb 333Mhz PC2700
LG Super Multi (Dual Layer DVD)
350w PSU

Please don't tell me it's my RAM because i've tried heaps of different types and combinations and it doesn't make any difference!

Minidumps are attached.

Thanks for your help! :)

All your minidumps crash at usbuhci.sys. Windows UHCI USB Miniport Driver. They all have a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

It may be that, one of your usb devices has a faulty driver.

Try uninstalling your usb devices, and drivers one at a time, untill the system becomes stable.

Regards Howard :)

Ok, I unplugged my USB Keyboard and Mouse, and used PS/2 KB and mouse. I disabled all the USB root hubs and controllers in Device Manager, then put them back on, one by one, none of them made any differences, i tested them all by playing some music while copying files to and from my 2 HD's. They all passed this test. Then I plugged in my USB Keyboard. and did the same. As soon as I pressed a key on my keyboard, BSOD!!!!! This also happens with my pen drive and my USB mouse.
All of them say they don't need any drivers, and don't have any with them.

That would suggest to me, that either your usb ports are faulty, or the Windows usb drivers are corrupted etc.

Try doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE.

Also, go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your hard drive/page file.

I just formatted and re-installed win XP. I have done it a thousand and 1 times! I think my mobo might be faulty. Or could it be outdated mobo drivers? Or is it possible that my CPU or PSU is faulty?

It could be any of those things.

Start be making sure your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

check your mobo for bulging/leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Check for any short circuits near your usb ports.

Did you run the hard drive/page file tests?

I checked all the capacitors but can't see anything wrong with them. I bought a new hd because i thought that was the problem, so i doubt that is what is causing it. And i just reset the page file, but it didn't help. and i also just did a PSU calculator and it says i am using approx. 250w and my PSU is 350w. My friend has a PCI mobo tester (quite a handy little thing), so i will make sure i know what it is before i go and buy anything else!
Thanks heaps for all your help, Howard. really appreciate it.

Yep just as I thought, it was the motherboard. I borrowed one from work and it fixed the problem. so i bought a new one. i'm thinking it was the USB ports on the old mobo that were causing the problem, cause whenever i touched my USB mouse or keyboard or plugged in my pen drive, it crashed. but not to worry, i am going to smash my old one and put it on display somewhere! thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back