Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKirbyx

Hello, i have the same blue screen of death as everyone else and i spent alot of my time reviewing everyone else's problem and i have found out through my minidump files what the problem is caused by but there are 3 and i do not know which one is the main cause. Here are the 3 causes,
nv4_mini.sys
nv4_disp.dll
FA312nd5.sys

And here are the minidump files, can anyone help me out?

Try updating FA312nd5.sys as it's pretty old. This is a NETGEAR FA312 Fast Ethernet NDIS 5.0 Miniport Driver.

f7077000 f707ae80 FA312nd5 FA312nd5.sys Sat Feb 10 04:29:54 2001 (3A844532)

Ya uhh, I would update it but... I dont even know why the hell thats in there. I have a NETGEAR FA311 Fast Ethernet Network Card so uhh.....

I had this problem with a customer recently. Ran some diagnostic tests on the hardware and turns out he had bad RAM memory. He had it replaced under warranty and the problem disappeared.

Are you running an HP? If so, they have additional hardware diagnostic test in the recovery partition. Press F10 on startup.

No, I have a Dell Desktop computer. The problem only persists when I use Bittorrent and most of the causes were from FA312nd5.sys so I suppose its the networking. I dont even knwo where I got FA312nd5.sys because I don't have a FA312 Fast Ethernet Adapter.

So since the FA311 Adapter drivers that are on the Netgear Driver Downloads site do not support updating the drivers for the FA311 for Windows Xp, I can just go get the FA312 adapter drivers for the FA311?

Yes. Below is from the inf file from the link I gave you.

; netFA31x.INF
;
; NETGEAR FA311/312 PCI Card.

FA31x.DeviceDesc= "NETGEAR FA311/312 PCI Adapter"
FA31x.Service.DispName = "Netgear FA311/312 NDIS 5.0 Miniport Driver"

Uhh, On select operating system for the installation of ver 1.8 drivers for the FA311 and FA312 adapters there is No Windows XP, I have Windows XP Media Center Edition version 2002, is it possible to install the drivers even though there isn't a specific operating system to select? and if there is which one do i select?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back