DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Solution!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchfp86

(DELL ONLY) - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Solution!!!

Hello all!!

I am here today to tell you all that the Blue Screen of Death is to bother us no more!!! I have found a free and easy way to upate the drivers in your computer to eliminate this problem.
This is for Dell users:
Go to the Dell home page. (dell4me.com).
Go to the Security and Service hyperlink.
Click on Drivers and Downloads.
Type in your computers service tag and model.
You should now have a list of all of the drivers that the Dell company supports.
Go through these and download the Drivers that are currently installed on your computer.
MAKE SURE THAT THE DRIVERS YOU DOWNLOADED CAME OUT AFTER THE ONE THAT IS CURRENTLY INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!
If it is not a current version then you do not have to download it. It will lower your computer's driver speed, etc.
To see what drivers are installed on your computer, and to check their version, Right-click on the My Computer tab and click properties.
Click the Hardware tab.
Then, click the Device manager button.
The tabs on the manager should coresspond with the ones on the download webpage.
To check the model version, double click on the driver name.
The tabs at the top of that menu will be different for everybody, so click them until you see the Product Version/Date line.
Getting back to the website, you will need to find the driver that is the same installed on your computer and then download the correct version.
Make sure to download them one at a time to keep track.
Once you have downloaded all of the drivers needed, install them one by one.
This way you don't totally lose track or further damage your computer.

This is a long and time comsuming process, I know, but please take your time. This is better then having to buy new RAM. It is, also, very easy to accomplish. I hope this helps. If this problem still continues after I would personally call the Dell manufactorer. They are the ones who can probably explain it. So far this has worked for everbody that I have reccommended it to.

For all of the people that don't use Dell, go on to your computer manufactorer's home page and do the same. They have to give you the free updates.

Please do not hesitate to send me a message. I will always be avalible.

Ciao,
patchfp86

Hi there!
When I go onto the Dell Site and type in my Model and Service Tag it has no download results

(I run a Dimension E520)

Ok,...

Well, where did you go in the web site?

You have to go to the Support Tab.
There is a link to click labeled "Drivers and Downloads." Click it :)
This link should bring you to a page that makes you choose between three options.
Click the "Choose by Service Tag" option.
When you enter this, your model computer should appear.
Choose the OS that you use and the language that you prefer. (I'm guessing English. :D)
This will finally bring you to the page that you need. This page should contain all of the drivers that were installed onto your computer by Dell and their updates. Use the directions that I provided before to find the Device Manager tool.

Also, not that I think you'll do this, install the driver that is actually on the computer. The Dell site may give you more Drivers then the one(s) on your computer. If you install the wrong one, then you may need a different forum. :)

Hope this helps!!!

Post back if you have any other questions.

-Patchfp86

R.E: ok

ok so I am on that page, Do I need to install all the Drivers again, or just a few,

Sorry if I sound annoying but I really appreciate your help so far

Thanks

Your not annoying, first of all.

Second of all, you only need to install the drivers that are out of date. If a driver is out of date, it can cause some problems when you install newer software. This shouldn't always be a problem, but sometimes, certain drivers can flip out when new software, or even sometimes hard ware, is "too new."

Now, I'm not saying that you have to install all of your drivers, but I know that Dell did just come out with some new Bios updates. I was recently prompted to install them on my Laptop.

So, if the driver is out of date, install the new version. Otherwise leave it alone unless you get an error message saying that one certain driver has a bug.

If that doesn't help, don't hesitate to PM me or to write back on the forum!

-Patchfp86

Ok

Well, to answer the driver version question:

Go to whatever My Computer shortcut you use, and right click it. In the menu, click on Properties.

After this go to Hardware. Click on device manager.

A new window should appear that lists all of the drivers currently installed on your computer.

Go to each driver listed on the website, check, first, that it is the driver installed on your computer, then check the version or date of release of the driver software listed on the Dell website.

Now, in the Device manager window that we opened before, look for the driver that you wish to update (you may have to open the lists with the little "+" buttons) and right click it. Click Properties.

The driver info page will appear. Click on the Driver tab up top. Here on this page, you will hopefully see the date of the current patch, and the version number that it is. Mine is listed as such x.x.x.x x=a number.

Check this number with the number online. If the number online is higher then that on your driver you should update by installing the download from the site. It is usually stored on the Dell website as a .exe file.

Follow these steps again with the drivers that you want to check. Also, I forgot to ask you this before, but what are you doing when this message appears? If we can specify what is causing the problem, then we may not need to update all of your drivers.

I hope this helps. If you have any problems or questions then just post back!

Ok, second question:

Well, this error does occur on some machines and isn't always a concern. If you restart the machine, go back to what you were doing when the message appeared and nothing happens, then there may not be a problem at all.

However, if the same thing keeps occuring, then you may need to Flash your Bios. Some of the IBMs that I work with have this problem. If I carefully flash the Bios, (and have a spare disk just in case :)) then the problem usually disappears. I recommend this for advanced users only. If your not one, then call the manufacturer of your computer.

Also, do a bunch of different virus scans. Sometimes the machine could have a bug in it and your regular virus detection service didn't find it.

Just as another question, how old is your RAM? This was a problem I found too. If my RAM was old, it couldn't store all of the info if I was multi-tasking a bit too much.

This solution isn't really quick.

Ok I've got everthing up but I'm unsure of which I need to install and we I don't need to! So could you please help me! I'm attaching 2 of my Device Driver Pictures So it shows you all of my Drivers installed! Also theres a link to the dell page! Could you please make a List of what I need and what I don't! I'll be forever grateful

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=JWJDL2J&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_E520&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

http://www.maj.com/gallery/ThePirakaDon/Avatars/driver_help.jpg

http://www.maj.com/gallery/ThePirakaDon/Avatars/driver_help_2.jpg

Ok

Thank you for all of the pictures. It helped.

Ok, here we go:

Are you using an integrated video card? I don't think that you have anything special installed (not that it matters), but you should install the update for the G965 Intel Video Driver. Also, how many monitors do you have hooked up? I'm seeing three in your picture. It may not have anything to do with it but I'm just curious. :)

Next one, the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A disk driver. Install this fresh version.

With your sound driver, I know you have the sigmatel chipset installed, but do you have any software that comes with the hardware? Ex. Creative Labs?

I need to know so I can tell you what driver's .exe to install.

Try the first two and see what happens. After you do this, go back to what you are doing when the message appears. Let's see what happens.

-patchfp86

Ok So could you write a list of what of should download cos I'm still unsure! :p I'm only using one Monitor so I'm unsure why it says that? Where do I find the Update for the G965 Intel Video Driver and also the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS H553A Disk Driver Where is it under on the Driver Page! Also no I don't have Creative Labs

Thanks for your help so far :D

Ok...

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. I have been irregularly busy.

ok so the first update that I want you to install is under the video drop down menu. It is called the G965 Graphics Controller under the Intel - Driver link.

Ok, next I want you to install the TSST- Firmware TS-H553A HH SATA 16x DVD+/-RW link.

After this, install the SIGMATEL - Driver STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio.

All these will be downloaded as .exe files. Save them to your desktop and run them one at a time. You may be prompted to restart your computer at the end of the install. You should do so for each one as you finish installing them.

okay, thats it. This should fix it.

Respond again with any questions or concerns.

-Patchfp86

kk, I've installed all of the files you've told me to install, Except one of the Folders. It was zipped and once I ran the Run wizard all the Files appeared.

Which should I install I'll upload a pic later if you want?

Also I think I've found what I need but it say I've got to open a flash file to begin the installation Plz help!

Thanks for all this help by the way I'm very grateful

Uploading a pic would be great. I'm not sure what the file unzipped so I don't know what to put where yet.

Upload the pic, then i'll give you more instruction.

-Patchfp86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back