Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a really rough time figuring out how to beat this blue screen stop message I keep having. Here is the message that displays every time.

-------------
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again , follow these steps.

Check to make sure and new hardware is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems still continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advance startup options, then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000040, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xf579fc34)

*** WG11TND5.sys Address f5795c34 base at f575800, Datestamp 431bb9a0

Begin dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
---------------------

It started right after I networked some computers with Netgear wireless USB adapters and the Super G router. I've tried fooling around with the drivers (uninstalling them, reinstalling them, etc.) and I've even reformatted my computer twice. I can't seem to fix it. If anyone has any info that would be swell.

My system specs are:
HP Pavilion
Pentium 4 2.6gh
1 gig of ram
Windows XP Personal
NVIDIA GeForce 5500 graphics card

Remove the USB controller drivers from system device manager. They might have got corrupted. Then let Windows XP re-install them when it boots up again.

If not they blow out that version of XP and install a new copy... Don't kill yourself trying to figure that one...

Life is too short...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back