Driverirql not less or equal problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting a DriverIrql not less ro equal blue screen appearing on my screen yet i cant work out what the problem is, I have NO conflicting IRQs i've checked it and double checked it. If someone can help me fix the problem be brilliant ill add the Minidump files on as well.

Still not had any luck with fixing it, Here are the last 6 minidumps i have. If someone could help would be nice.

2 minidumps crash at ctaud2k.sys. This is your soundcard driver. They have a bugcheck of D1.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your soundcard drivers. Also check for any updated drivers.

1 minidumps crashes at NVENET.sys. NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

Try updating your chipset drivers.

1 minidump crashes at portcls.sys. This is the Windows Port Class (Class Driver for Port/Miniport Devices). It has a bugcheck of 8E.

2 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows bootup kernel file. They have bugchecks of 0A and A7.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x000000A7: BAD_EXHANDLE I have never seen this bugcheck before and don`t know what it means.

If after updating your drivers your problems continue. I suspect you have some kind of hardware problem. Ram/psu/mobo etc could all cause these crashes.

Run the tests in the link I gave you for ram/hdd/pagefile etc.

Check your systems temperatures and make sure nothing is overclocked.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back