Drivers for motherboard cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a toshiba computer from 1999. Windows crashed so I wiped the hard drive and re-installed windows. All of the cards are integrated in the motherboard and the generic drivers in Windows arn't working. How do I find the drivers for the video and audio for the motherboard. I can't find the name of the board on it anywhere. ANy help is greatly appriciated.

You could try downloading Belarc from www.belarc.com which should give you, amongst other useful info, the number of the mobo. You can then go to driversguide and search for the relevant drivers. Hope this helps.

The easiest would be to look up the Toshiba website & look in the Drivers & Support section with the laptop model.

They might have comprehensive links with all the necessary downloads for your system.

Belarc is no good unless you have drivers because it gets your system information from your drivers. First, if you have the motherboard or owners manual for the computer, find out who made the motherboard in it, or you can take the computer apart, look at the motherboard, and find the model number on the board as well as who made it. With that information at hand, goto the manufacturers website and find the drivers for that motherboard model. This is your best bet. Post with more info and I may be able to assist you further.

If the computer was made by toshiba, look on the back of the case or on the front for a computer model number.

thanks

Thank you for you quick responses. The Belkin gave me the model of the Toshiba Desktop. I couldn't find that anywhere on it so with that info the Toshiba website gave me the drivers I needed. THanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back