Drivers for Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard and i have been trying to get windows xp onto my SATA hardrive now i can see from searching that alot of people have been having the same problem. but i only got a cd and not a floppy disc, now windows setup only reads from floppy, so i need to know what drivers i need to make my Seagate SATA 120gb harddrive working.

May have been vaige please ask questions if needed

from
newb

IronDuke said:
They should be on the CD. Under something like drivers\sata.

They will be found on your Driver CD. There will be two folders, one for RAID and one non-RAID. You'll want the non-RAID I assume. There will be 4-10 files in that folder. Copy them to a blank floppy (not in a folder). When you start the Windows XP install it will ask you to hit F6 to install additional drivers. hit F6. eventually it will ask you if you have additional drivers (just follow it's prompts)and that's when it will ask you to insert the floppy. Install should proceed without problems....

If you have no floppy drive you'll have to borrow one and temporarily hook it up, otherwise you'll have to slipstream the SATA drivers into your XP CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back