Drivers. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I reformatted my Dell and reinstalled the OS (Windows XP Home). All seemed to go well, but sound does not work. I do not believe I have all my drivers (I have a CD that came with my computer called "DRIVERS AND UTILITIES" which has the contents of Device Drivers, Diagnostics and utilities, and Computer Documentation). I figured that disk would work - just throw it in and let it install all my drivers. It gives me a bunch of options, but nothing that seems useful.

Anyways, currently, the only driver I know that I don't have / don't have working correctly is my sound. As I said, no sound works. When I open Winamp it tells me:

DirectSound output v2.43 (d) error
Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration.
Error code: 88780078

Also, when I open TeamSpeak (a VOIP service), it tells me:

Error
TDSoundOut.Open(DirectSoundCreate): No sound driver is available for use.

How do I go about correcting this problem. I was reading that you do to the manufacturer's website - if this is a case, could whoever my helper is please direct me to the location of the driver (not just the website - I'll likely get lost).

Hope you can help!
Gerik Bensing

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can`t point you to the exact driver as you don`t give the model of your Dell computer.

However, it`s very easy to find out the correct driver for your system.

Go HERE and input your service tag number and that will take you to the downloads page for your particular model.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back