DSL doesnt connect as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrashdnBurnt

normally when I connect it usually takes 3 to 5 seconds...

now, starting 2 days ago. It gets to the last window in the process " Registering your computer on the network" and stalls for 30 seconds or more. Eventually it does connect. Sometimes with errors, sometimes not.

It's like waiting for 56k dialup.

What could be the cause of this?

Call your provider, and have them run a test download from their tech support headquarter... They can usually diagnose it. We in Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado have a lot of slow downs and lightning caused failures from the sudden summer thunderstorms. Often your DSL provider does not know of an outtage or damage until you call them.... they can often re-route a signal to your DSL box within an hour.

thanks raybay
It was on the providers end. Said it would possibly be rectified within a week.
i guess a majority of the folks around here is experiencing this.

wondering what can of trouble they are having that would take two weeks to fix?

Lightning (invisible type on cables and phone lines) is a common cause. Is it raining a lot in your region.
Also a lot of road construction at this time of year causes cables beneath or between the highways to be cut... then it takes a lot of time to find the cut.

Yes, it is. But I have found over the years that some ISPs would rather blame a problem on something else- or more accurately, say that they are running OK..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back