Dual boot vista uninstall WITHOUT XP cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scshadow

I'm dual booting xp home and vista. Vista was fun to mess with but now vista is messing with me. I search the internet for some lead as to what to do about removing the Vista boot screen. I gather that the easiest way would be to use the xp cd recovery console. Great except Toshiba doesn't distibute any with thier computers. I hear so many different openions as to how to remove Vista and its really annoying the crap out of me. (side note: if anyone tells me I just have to delete the secound partition where vista is installed and everything is back to normal, I'm gonna scream, pull my hair out, and proceed to threaten your life(almost not kidding)) I just want a little agreement as to what to do. Some clear precise instructions.

There is this small little innocent file (boot.ini) in the root of your boot-partition.
Set your Explorer to show all files, remove the attribute Read-Only and edit the Vista line out of it. Put Read-Only back, reboot and then delete the Vista partition.

I know of the boot.ini but it isn't in my root directory(yes I did show all hidden files). I did a search for it and there is a "boot.ini.backup" somewhere in the windows folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back