Dual Boot XP/DOS + MP3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

Could someone help me with this situation? I have a Windows XP on my HDD0 and wanted to install DOS(any) to my other partition. The problem is I don't know where to start. I downloaded several boot disks and try to access my drive C: there but it won't. The DOS to be installed in my other partition (example Z:) will be used for a DOS MP3 Player. Let's say the partition Z: has 200MiB Disk Space and the MP3 files are located in Drive E: which is an NTFS partition.

How could I have a WINDOWS XP and DOS on my boot.ini?
How could I have DOS installed on my drive Z:?
How could I be able to automatically load the MP3 Player application?
How could I be able to make DOS read the other drives (NTFS)?

I wanted to have my XP and a DOSMP3 Player so that if I would like to play MP3s I would only switch the PC on and select the DOS OS that automatically loads the player that automatically plays the mp3s on my other NTFS drive.

P.S.
The mp3 player I got can read ntfs partitions but if it runs in DOS and DOS doesn't recognize the other drives, surely the player won't be able too.

Have a good day.

Well,
Can you check this paaaage out
I think it might be helpful.

Check this oneeeeee too

Check Microsoft's page directly

There's an alternative option. You can use Virtual PC or VMWare and install DOS on the virtual system you will create. Then, you can copy all the mp3s you want to its virtual drive partition or mount your real partitions inside that virtual system
DO YOU FEEL PERPLEXED :D :) ?
Please don't

is there a vmware version that can install any OS? Like Dos, Windows 3.1, 2000, XP, and vista and Linux plus OSX for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back